With the opportunity to lead their business partners in to the new world of environmentally responsible sustainability, PepsiCo, with Healthy Living Marketing’s direction and resources, has planned and deployed experiential marketing activities that promote and support on-site public recycling activities. Events have included the following special events and festivals across North America:
• the 2008 Denver Democratic National Committee Convention
• Major League Baseball All-Star Weeks in 2008 and 2009.
• Super Bowl in 2009 and 2010.
• NFL Kick-Off Concerts in 2008 and 2009.
• Cherry Creek Arts Festival (largest juried art show in the country with 325K participants)
• 500 Festival Half-Marathon (largest half-marathon in the country with 35K runners)
• the Bolder Boulder 10K (one of the largest foot races in the country with over 40K finishers)
• the Marine Corps Marathon (one of the largest marathons in the country with over 30k runners)
• the Chicago Marathon (the largest marathon in the country)
• Major League Soccer 2009 All-Star Game and Championship Cup
• the Vancouver BC Pride Festival parade (400K in attendance)
• the Toronto Waterfront Marathon (one of the largest runs in Canada)
To date, the program has impacted over 1.8 million participants and spectators, and diverted hundreds of tons of recycled materials out of landfills and incinerators.
Healthy Living Marketing leads all activities in support of the experiential marketing program including the bin inventory, all coordination with stakeholders, staffing and promotion. Healthy Living Marketing has become known as a leading expert in the field of special event sustainability practices and has created a separate practice known as Green Events Group.
Following the success of special event programming, PepsiCo enlisted Healthy Living Marketing’s direction to create the Pepsi Recycling Resource Center, a virtual center where Pepsi bottlers, field marketing and sales personnel, and customers can go to access information, branded recycling bins and promotional materials. Healthy Living Marketing’s design and web team produced and maintains the program’s micro site.